The twin bombings targeted civilian gatherings during the Nowruz celebrations in the al-Mufti neighborhood in this predominantly-Kurdish province on Friday, said the so-called Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, Xinhua reported.
The UK-based monitoring group said the blasts were carried out by a suicide bomber with the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) terrorist group, and an explosive device.
Meanwhile, Kurdish activists reported the blasts, placing the death toll among the civilian Kurds at 20.
Clashes have recently been raging between the ISIL and the Kurdish fighters of the People's Protection Units (YPG) in the countryside of al-Hasakah after the Kurdish fighters dislodged the ISIL from the key border city of Ayn al-Arab, or Kobani, earlier this year.
/149